In Memoriam WordPress theme was created especially for Christian funeral services and funeral homes. The theme offers variety of page templates, custom widgets and additional stuff which will help to arrange the website in proper and informative way.
Before starting working on this theme I looked through many live Funeral Services websites. Mine one differs by white-black, clean and slightly cold mourning look and feel. It has no bunches of design elements, textures, brown-green colour schemes typical for such websites. Mine is more about sadness and mourning than joy and glorifying the life.
Anyway, be kind to navigate the demo, entering each page to get complete impression of what will you get by purchasing this theme. You are welcome to ask me any question about theme features or possibilities by writing me in Comment Box of the Item Page on my ThemeForest Portfolio.
What do you need in order to arrange the theme properly?
- To have hosting, domain and wordpress.org installed
- To be familiar with WordPress Dashboard, tools, interface, features
- To read and follow Help PDF file included into theme
- Widgetized Home page
- Multiple page templates
- Insert either featured image or embedded video into posts
- 5 Custom Post Types: Services, Team, Obituaries, Items and Packages
- Obituaries with Family login
- Shop with PayPal gateway
- Working contact form (php)
- Vertical Navigation on Home page in sliding panel
- Horizontal Navigation with 1 level of submenu for all pages
- Theme options via Dashboard–Customise
- Several custom plugins (widgets, CPTs)
- Two Google fonts + Fontawesome
- CSS transitions, js sliding panels, mobile navigation sliding panel
- Based on default WP functionality, no page builders, no third-party plugins
- Translation ready, accessibility partially ready
- Home page
- 2 versions of Services page
- With excerpt linking to single post
- With full post content
- Staff page
- Obituaries page
- Items page
- Packages page
- Contact page
- 404 page
- 3 CPT custom search pages
Theme comes with several custom plugins written especially for this theme. You are free to install them or ignore (depends on how will you arrange your website content). Here is the list of plugins:
- Custom Post Type (CPT) “Services”
- Custom Post Type (CPT) “Obituaries”
- Custom Post Type (CPT) “Items” for Shop
- Custom Post Type (CPT) “Packages”
- Custom Post Type (CPT) “Team” for Staff
- Multiple widgets (5 in total)
- Multiple metaboxes (5 in total)
- Custom field (for embedding video instead of featured image)
- Modified WP Gallery shortcode expanding with prettyPhoto script
Is this theme ready for mobiles?
The theme is ready for any screen size / screen resolution (from 2560 px to 320 px) and here you may view here the screenshots taken on iPhone 4S.
CPTs or Custom Post Types
Theme comes with 5 CPTs wrapped in plugins. Once you install and activate these plugins you will see them on the left side in Dashboard menu (marked with colouful icons):
CPT allows to create a set of specific (typically united by certain subject) posts unrelated to main blog posts. If CPTs were a part of the theme, by switching the theme you would lose the content of CPT posts. But, once CPTs are wrapped in plugin you may be quiet about your content. Switch the theme whenever you will feel the necessity but take my plugins to another theme and you will never lose your content.
What if you wish to customise or modify the theme?
Majority of things you might be wanting to change/replace in the theme, you may customise via Dashboard–Customiser without touching the code. Here is a screenshot of theme options (detailed description of what and how to use you will find in Help file):
However, if you wish to modify theme pages layout, colours, blocks of content, rearrange blocks, replace things, remove features and so on you should know (more or less) css, html, js and WP php.
- Tested on WP 3.9, WP 4.0, WP 4.1.1
- Tested on all major browsers (Chrome, Safari, Opera, Firefox, IE)
- Tested on iMac, Windows and iPhone 4S
- Fits all screen resolutions from 2560 px down to 320 px (minor issues are expectable on 320 px screens)
- Translation ready (comes with text domain)
- Accessibility ready
- Tested with W3 validator
- Tested with Theme Check
- Tested with Theme Unit
What is included into theme pack?
- “main-files” folder: theme folder, Help folder, demo content xml, “inmemoriam-child”
- “inmemoriam” folder: installable folder with all required theme files
- “inmemoriam” folder includes: 2 CSS files, 5 js files, 27 php files, 5 CPTs, 5 widgets, 5 metaboxes, required images, social icons pack
Note: posts images and videos are not included!